Friday, October 2, 2009

Unintentional comedy link of the day

Thanks to Greg Laden's Blog, I came across the site WhoIsYourCreator.com this morning. Too much fun. Right from the get go, the header states "Supernatural chance or supernatural creator?" Uh, can I go with random chance, does it have to be supernatural?

I clicked on the Junk DNA tab, "The biggest blunder of evolutionary science". It makes a big deal that science got junk DNA all wrong, it is actually useful based on the latest studies by other scientists. I guess that is supposed to convince me that science is wrong, all of evolution must therefore be wrong, just as creationists KNEW all along! "You should have listened to us" is what they imply. Except that its not creationists debunking the science, its other scientists! So, isn't science still right?

That's the great thing about scientists, they don't just believe what they are told. Scientists once thought the earth was the center of the universe (albeit based on some misleading information passed around as TRUTH), then figured out it was not, and changed their minds! Scientists have been wrong thousands of times, which they will readily admit, and other scientists have always been there to correct any mistakes and further add to the knowledge.

Creationists have been wrong just one time, but have yet to acknowledge it and have not tried to correct it in any way. But I for one am glad about that. I appreciate their effort and enjoy their twisted logic. Without them, I wouldn't have had such a good laugh to kick off my Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Out Campaign: Scarlet Letter of Atheism