Saturday, July 11, 2009

No better time to start

Swept into last place by the stupid dbacks on Wednesday. No hit for six Thursday in a bad, bad blowout to the Gigantes. Then no hit for the full nine the last night to the same Gigantes. (At least I wasn't at this one, and thankfully turned went to sleep early last night.) Now losers of six in a row. Ouch. There is no way around it, this is rock bottom. Padre baseball can get no worse than this moment, so now is the time to start my blog!

But this is not the typical baseball blog where fans complain about the roster, the size of the payroll, the pathetic lineup or even worse pitching staff. If you want to sound off on this type of stuff, go to a different blog or go complain on DePodesta's. I don't care about any of that stuff, I have no control over that. I don't think I could do a better job than the front office, nor the coaching staff. I don't think any of that stuff matters at all. I just cheer for the Pads.

Baseball is about failure and that failure inspired the novel The Church of Irrelevance, so I am thankful always. Besides, some of my favorite baseball memories take place during absolutely dreadful Padre seasons. Some take place during absolutely great Padre seasons as well, ut there seems to be less of those, such is life. Roll with it, in the end, it is just a game. In the end, we are all irrelevant anyways.

Another game tonight, Tim Stauffer returns to the majors. Not that I expect anyone to get excited about that, but hey, it can't get any worse than last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Out Campaign: Scarlet Letter of Atheism